Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Bountiful Baskets Coop

Have you ever tried a fruit & vegetable coop?
I participate in a local one pretty much every week (I just skip occassionaly if my schedule is super busy & I don't think I'll use all of the food before it goes bad).
My favorite one I've found is Bountiful Baskets.
They have pickup locations all over the US & it is surprisingly inexpensive!
Here is what I got this week for the amazing price of $16.50.
{this is also a great idea for those who juice, eat raw, or make homemade baby food}
10 apples
17 oranges
1 head of cabbage
1 head of cauliflower
1 container of cherry tomatoes
5 pears
8 bananas
2 cucumbers
2 yams
spinach
1 squash
 
I mean seriously, you can't beat this deal. And they also offer organic baskets, as well as a number of add-on baskets that vary week by week.
I highly recommend you check them out!
{Bountiful Baskets did not pay me for this post -- they do not even know I wrote this}
 
What is your favorite place to buy your fruits & veggies?
Have you ever tried a local fruit & vegetable coop?
 

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I have never done a coop before. My friend does one in the summer and loves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, you should definitely check one out! I'm still amazed at how much fruit & veggies I get each week for only $15!

      Delete